Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
Severe Thunderstorm Warning
for Damaging Winds, Large Hailstones And Heavy Rainfall
for Hunter, North West Slopes and Plains and parts of Mid North Coast, Central Tablelands, Central West Slopes and Plains, Upper Western and Northern Tablelands Forecast Districts.
Issued at 5:14 pm Wednesday, 8 December 2021.
Severe thunderstorms are continuing throughout parts of the central east and northern NSW.
A surface trough over NSW extending across QLD and a broad upper trough over eastern Australia will aid the development of thunderstorms across NSW this afternoon.
DAMAGING WINDS, LARGE HAILSTONES and HEAVY RAINFALL for the following areas:
Mid North Coast, Hunter, Central Tablelands, North West Slopes and Plains, Central West Slopes and Plains, Upper Western and Northern Tablelands
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds, large hailstones and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Katoomba, Tamworth, Gunnedah, Narrabri, Walgett and Lightning Ridge.
Severe thunderstorms are no longer occurring in the Metropolitan, Illawarra and Southern Tablelands districts and the warning for these districts is CANCELLED.
Cancellation for the following areas:
Illawarra,Southern Tablelands,Sydney Metropolitan
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure or put away loose items around your house, yard and balcony.
* Keep at least 8 metres away from fallen power lines or objects that may be energised, such as fences.
* Report fallen power lines to either Ausgrid (131 388), Endeavour Energy (131 003), Essential Energy (132 080) or Evoenergy (131 093) as shown on your power bill.
* Trees that have been damaged by fire are likely to be more unstable and more likely to fall.
* Keep clear of creeks and storm drains.
* Don't walk, ride your bike or drive through flood water.
* If you are trapped by flash flooding, seek refuge in the highest available place and ring 000 if you need rescue.
* Be aware that run-off from rainfall in fire affected areas may behave differently and be more rapid. It may also contain debris such as ash, soil, trees and rocks.
* After bushfires, heavy rain and the loss of foliage can make the ground soft and heavy, leading to a greater chance of landslides.
* Unplug computers and appliances.
* Avoid using the phone during the storm.
* Stay indoors away from windows, and keep children and pets indoors as well.
* Stay vigilant and monitor conditions. Note that the landscape may have changed following bushfires.
* For emergency help in floods and storms, ring the SES (NSW and ACT) on 132 500.
The next warning is due to be issued by 8:15 pm.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 210. The Bureau and State Emergency Service would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.
Argents Hill (30.622°S, 152.7463°E, 48m AMSL) Argents Hill,NSW set as my default location ›
Seven day forecast
Argents Hill 7 day forecast
Today: Partly cloudy. High chance of showers and the chance of a thunderstorm. Winds NW/SW 15 to 20 km/h tending NE/SE in the early afternoon then becoming light in the evening. Overnight temperatures falling to between 13 and 18 with daytime temperatures reaching 24 to 29.
Forecast for Argents Hill (30.622°S, 152.7463°E, 48m AMSL) Thu Fri Sat Sun Mon Tue Wed Summary Minimum 18° 18° 16° 17° 17° 17° 18° Maximum 27° 27° 25° 25° 26° 28° 28° Chance of rain 60% 30% 30% 50% 30% 5% 80% Likely amount 5-10mm < 1mm < 1mm 1-5mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm UV index Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme - - - Frost risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm Wind speed 8
Wind direction NNW ENE SW ESE WSW S SW S SW SSE SSW SE W ESE Relative humidity 85% 79% 74% 61% 67% 65% 72% 68% 73% 69% 71% 66% 74% 69% Dew point 20°C 23°C 17°C 19°C 14°C 18°C 16°C 18°C 17°C 19°C 17°C 21°C 20°C 22°C
Sunrise and sunset times
Sunrise / Sunset for Argents Hill (30.622°S, 152.7463°E, 48m AMSL) First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon rise Moon set Moon phase First quarter Full moon Last quarter New moon 5:09am EDT 5:37am EDT 7:43pm EDT 8:10pm EDT 10:29am EDT 11:45pm EDT Waxing crescent First quarter Dec 11 Full moon Dec 19 Last quarter Dec 27 New moon Jan 03
Temperature for next 5 days
0 Thursday Thursday 27 1 Friday Friday 27 2 Saturday Saturday 25 3 Sunday Sunday 25 4 Monday Monday 26 5 Tuesday Tuesday 28 6 Wednesday Wednesday 28 7 Wednesday Wednesday 28
Rain for next 5 days
0 Thursday Thursday 10 1 Friday Friday 0 2 Saturday Saturday 0 3 Sunday Sunday 5 4 Monday Monday 0 5 Tuesday Tuesday 0 6 Wednesday Wednesday 0 7 Wednesday Wednesday 0