Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
Severe Thunderstorm Warning
for Damaging Winds, Large Hailstones And Heavy Rainfall
for parts of Central West Slopes and Plains and Riverina Forecast Districts.
Issued at 6:49 pm Monday, 6 December 2021.
Isolated severe thunderstorms continue over the southern interior of the state.
Humid and unstable conditions east of an inland trough, with thunderstorms expected near and east of the trough today.
DAMAGING WINDS, LARGE HAILSTONES and HEAVY RAINFALL for the following areas:
Central West Slopes and Plains and Riverina
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds, large hailstones and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Griffith, Hay, Lake Cargelligo and Darlington Point.
Severe thunderstorms are no longer occurring in the Lower Western and Upper Western districts and the warning for these districts is CANCELLED.
Cancellation for the following areas:
Lower Western,Upper Western
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure or put away loose items around your house, yard and balcony.
* Keep at least 8 metres away from fallen power lines or objects that may be energised, such as fences.
* Report fallen power lines to either Ausgrid (131 388), Endeavour Energy (131 003), Essential Energy (132 080) or Evoenergy (131 093) as shown on your power bill.
* Trees that have been damaged by fire are likely to be more unstable and more likely to fall.
* Keep clear of creeks and storm drains.
* Don't walk, ride your bike or drive through flood water.
* If you are trapped by flash flooding, seek refuge in the highest available place and ring 000 if you need rescue.
* Be aware that run-off from rainfall in fire affected areas may behave differently and be more rapid. It may also contain debris such as ash, soil, trees and rocks.
* After bushfires, heavy rain and the loss of foliage can make the ground soft and heavy, leading to a greater chance of landslides.
* Unplug computers and appliances.
* Avoid using the phone during the storm.
* Stay indoors away from windows, and keep children and pets indoors as well.
* Stay vigilant and monitor conditions. Note that the landscape may have changed following bushfires.
* For emergency help in floods and storms, ring the SES (NSW and ACT) on 132 500.
The next warning is due to be issued by 9:50 pm.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 210. The Bureau and State Emergency Service would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.
Albury (36.0821°S, 146.9102°E, 155m AMSL) Albury,NSW set as my default location ›
Seven day forecast
Albury 7 day forecast
Today: Partly cloudy. Medium chance of showers in the SE, slight chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening, possibly severe. Winds NW/NE 15 to 20 km/h tending NW/SW 20 to 30 km/h in the middle of the day then tending S/SW in the evening. Overnight temperatures falling to between 13 and 16 with daytime temperatures reaching around 30.
Forecast for Albury (36.0821°S, 146.9102°E, 155m AMSL) Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun Mon Summary Minimum 15° 13° 13° 11° 12° 12° 14° Maximum 28° 25° 22° 23° 26° 29° 32° Chance of rain 80% 50% 60% 30% 5% 5% 20% Likely amount 1-5mm 5-10mm 1-5mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm UV index Extreme Very High Very High Extreme - - - Frost risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm Wind speed 9
Wind direction NE NW S WSW SSE SSE SSE SSW SE SSE E WSW NE NNW Relative humidity 81% 48% 72% 42% 79% 53% 68% 46% 65% 41% 69% 37% 66% 32% Dew point 16°C 15°C 12°C 10°C 13°C 10°C 9°C 9°C 11°C 10°C 12°C 11°C 14°C 12°C
- Severe Thunderstorm Warning (Damaging Winds, Large Hailstones And Heavy Rainfall) for parts of Central West Slopes and Plains and Riverina
- Minor Flood Warning For The Murrumbidgee River
- Minor To Major Flood Warning For The Lachlan River
- Final Flood Warning For The Murray River
- Final Flood Warning For The Mirrool Creek
Sunrise and sunset times
Sunrise / Sunset for Albury (36.0821°S, 146.9102°E, 155m AMSL) First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon rise Moon set Moon phase First quarter Full moon Last quarter New moon 5:18am EDT 5:48am EDT 8:19pm EDT 8:49pm EDT 8:22am EDT 11:36pm EDT Waxing crescent First quarter Dec 11 Full moon Dec 19 Last quarter Dec 27 New moon Jan 03
Temperature for next 5 days
0 Tuesday Tuesday 28 1 Wednesday Wednesday 25 2 Thursday Thursday 22 3 Friday Friday 23 4 Saturday Saturday 26 5 Sunday Sunday 29 6 Monday Monday 32 7 Monday Monday 32
Rain for next 5 days
0 Tuesday Tuesday 5 1 Wednesday Wednesday 10 2 Thursday Thursday 5 3 Friday Friday 0 4 Saturday Saturday 0 5 Sunday Sunday 0 6 Monday Monday 0 7 Monday Monday 0