Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
New South Wales
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
Severe Weather Warning
for DAMAGING WINDS
For people in Metropolitan, Illawarra, Snowy Mountains and parts of Hunter, South Coast, Central Tablelands, Southern Tablelands, South West Slopes and Australian Capital Territory Forecast Districts.
Issued at 4:58 am Monday, 27 May 2019.
VIGOROUS WESTERLY WINDS IN THE SOUTHEAST
Weather Situation: Damaging winds are expected in association with the next strong cold front that will move through the state on Monday.
DAMAGING WINDS, averaging 60 to 70 km/h with peak gusts in excess of 90 km/h are forecast to return to the Snowy Mountains and parts of ACT and Southern Tablelands from early Monday, and forecast to extend to Illawarra, Blue Mountains, and Sydney Metro from late Monday morning and continue throughout the day. Elevated peaks above 1900 metres may see wind speed average 80 to 90 km/h with peak gust in excess of 125 km/h. BLIZZARD conditions are possible in the south above 1200 metres.
The NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service recommends that back country travel be postponed until conditions improve.
Locations which may be affected include Sydney, Wollongong, Nowra, Bowral, Katoomba, Goulburn and Cooma.
At 3:30am on Saturday morning a wind gust of 104 km/h was recorded at Thredbo Top Station with the past front.
At 9:12pm on Saturday evening a wind gust of 104 km/h was recorded at Thredbo Top Station with the past front.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Move vehicles under cover or away from trees.
* Secure or put away loose items around your house, yard and balcony.
* Keep at least 8 metres away from fallen power lines or objects that may be energised, such as fences.
* Report fallen power lines to either Ausgrid (131 388), Endeavour Energy (131 003), Essential Energy (132 080) or Evoenergy (131 093) as shown on your power bill.
* For emergency help in floods and storms, ring your local SES Unit on 132 500.
The next Severe Weather Warning will be issued by 11:00 am AEST Monday.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 218. The Bureau and State Emergency Service would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.
Akolele (36.3558°S, 150.0769°E, 15m AMSL) Akolele,NSW set as my default location ›
Seven day forecast
Today: Partly cloudy. Medium chance of showers, becoming less likely in the late morning. Winds W 35 to 55 km/h decreasing to 25 to 40 km/h in the evening. Daytime maximum temperatures between 11 and 16.
Forecast for Akolele (36.3558°S, 150.0769°E, 15m AMSL) Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun Summary Minimum 7° 4° 8° 3° 3° 6° 4° Maximum 17° 19° 18° 16° 20° 19° 19° Chance of rain 30% 5% 5% 10% 10% 30% 30% Likely amount < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm 1-5mm < 1mm UV index Low Low Low Low Low - - Frost risk Nil Slight Nil Moderate Moderate Nil Slight 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm Wind speed 22
Wind direction W W NW WNW NW W WSW SW SW SW SW SSW WSW S Relative humidity 58% 41% 54% 47% 53% 43% 59% 52% 65% 59% 71% 66% 67% 60% Dew point 6°C 2°C 0°C 7°C 3°C 3°C 2°C 5°C 6°C 11°C 6°C 13°C 5°C 10°C
- Severe Weather Warning (Damaging Winds) for Sydney, Illawarra, Snowy Mtns, Hunter, S Coast, Central/Southern Tablelands, SW Slopes & ACT
- Gale Warning for Sydney Closed Waters & Macquarie to Eden coasts. Strong Wind Warning Byron & Coffs coasts
- Sheep Graziers Warning for Illawarra, S Coast, Central Tablelands, Southern Tablelands, SW Slopes, Riverina, Snowy Mountains and ACT
Sunrise and sunset times
Sunrise / Sunset for Akolele (36.3558°S, 150.0769°E, 15m AMSL) First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon rise Moon set Moon phase Last quarter New moon First quarter Full moon 6:30am EST 6:58am EST 4:55pm EST 5:23pm EST 1:09pm EST Last quarter Last quarter May 27 New moon Jun 03 First quarter Jun 10 Full moon Jun 17
Temperature for next 5 days
Temperature in 7 days Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday 17 19 18 16 20 19 19
Rain for next 5 days
Rain in 7 days Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday 0 0 0 0 0 5 0